Just go with it...

 Today was a cloudy day. As expected, most of the people in the home were tired and cranky and didn't want to be pulled out of bed. I had manicures and hand massages on the program this morning, and as I came to the floor, two were dozing lightly, but were roused when I said good morning. One more resident was pulled out of her cozy room due to construction (placing new air conditioners in rooms) and she wasn't very pleased.

I offered her a mini hand bath and massage, which she loves. 

I said to her, "you know, on grey days like these, I feel like it's better to just go with it, don't feel like you need to be inspired or motivated. Take a nap, get a hand massage, you know..."

And she said, "that's right", and laughed. 

It's nice when I learn from these people, having lived through everything already, they have a lot of simple reminders to tell me. 

And then on some days, I'm there to give them that right back. 

Just go with it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our upcoming art gallery

Do miracles happen?

Dementiability works!