Validation therapy

 For those of you who don't know what this is, google "Naomi Feil". (truly an assett and role model to the gerontology field)

I am hoping this is my next movement forwards within the gerontology sector. I have a lot of passions, but after having a serious conversation with myself on whether or not I wanted to be more involved in advocating for a better future (at this point?! Canada is super fucked for the next four years, thanks PC dickwads) and I really find it so utterly depressing and futile, so no, I want to make a difference in people's lives, I want to continue loving them and showing them that they are cared for. 

Yes burnout rates are high in this field. Yes becoming a therapist means a whole new shit show of unsolved problems that will frustrate me to no end.

But at the end of the day, I want to help people feel good about themselves, help them to feel whole during my time with them, give them a sense of acomplishment or fun or even just loving care.

Heck if I can get through to the most stubborn, crusty, nasty people that I have had to get through to in my life so far, I'm sure I can speak to people who've become catatonic and non-verbal.

I'm excited and a tiny bit hopeful. Everything I've done in my life, everything I've learned thus far has led me to where I am today. So hopefully it'll lead me somewhere else now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our upcoming art gallery

Do miracles happen?

Dementiability works!